Subject: [Harp-L] Glottal Stop

Aongus --we have something in common: that's true for Glaswegians too.  :)

Best,

Elizabeth
(now if I could only parlay it into MY diatonic learning as well!)

"Message: 3
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 11:32:57 +0100
From: "Aongus  MacCana" <amaccana@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:  "Harp-L List" _harp-l@xxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx)

The glottal stop used to be considered a feature of the hard core  Dublin
accent where Dubs were noted for using a glottal stop in place of a final  T.

For example a true Dub would be expected to render "Did you get it?"  as
"Did ya geh ih?"

If I can figure out how to apply this feature - with  any positive results
-to my pathetic attempts to play harmonica I shall let you  guys know.

Beannachtai

Aongus Mac  Cana"