Re: [Harp-L] Re: College music program on harmonica

Thank you to all who have chimed in on this thread.

One of the things that got me thinking about this are these Harmonica
Orchestra videos from Asia.

The first two seem to be associated with Universities:

This is a harmonica orchestra based at Nanyang Technological University, Japan:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rtZQU3HMgk

The NUS Harmonica Orchestra is based at the National University of Singapore:
http://nus.edu.sg/cfa/our_talents/music/harmonica.php

YMCA Harmonica Orchestra in Hong Kong :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6t8EQS7Lyg&feature=relmfu

So, what is the the story over there?   Is harmonica interest in
general so great there that it supports University level orchestras?
Are these ensembles the only ones of their kind, or are there many of
them at all levels?

Thanks,

Jason aka chespernevins