 From: Joe Spiers <joemopar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Cathal Johnson Harmonicas <cathaljohnson@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, April 13, 2012 9:16 AM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] RE: Repair problem Mystery? Tesla Effect

Have you tried filing flat the areas immediately around the threaded holes in the draw plate? The self tapping screws usually pull a little brass out of the holes, especially when over tightened. May be preventing the plate from properly contacting the comb, providing a path for air to migrate to that reed. Are you using stock combs, or have you installed custom combs? If using a custom comb with no clearance provisions for the draw plate rivets, you'll need to file the draw plates flat or dremel reliefs in the comb to allow the plate to make proper contact with the comb.

Sent from my iPhone