Re: [Harp-L] Subject: Re: The 'other' side of Hohner from a satisfied customer

Well, yes it is. Relay is exactly the right word despite your  being in
Chicago unless you were the person who physically took the call  from these
endorsers and can also specify exactly who was the individual from  Hohner who
purportedly made the calls to your endorsers, n'est-ce-pas?

Just how many endorsers were there? Half a dozen? More than 10? Did any of
them specify just exactly who was the individual who made the 'offer'?
Facts and  proof are necessary to make this kind of charge, otherwise it's only
third-hand hearsay.

As you might remember, David, I've been a staunch defender of not only
Harrison but you as well on these boards since I know you to be an upstanding
individual as well as knowing your previous job was as a Reporter who
believed  in providing the researched and true facts of a situation. Unless and
until this  story is verified though, it's no more than an unverified tale
told about  Harrison's endorsers--conveyed to you by a third party unless you
were the  person on the other end of the phone.

In reality Harrison, even at optimum peak production could take very little
 of the harmonica market share away from Hohner (compared to Seydel or
Suzuki,  for instance - their real competition), so the idea of Hohner being
even  remotely threatened by Harrison's success enough to do something like
this  simply doesn't jibe and therefore comes across as entirely illogical  to
me. JMHO of course.

Before accepting this story as being factual I'd personally want to know
the name of the individual who made those calls AND if that individual  is
currently in the employ of Hohner (or ever was), before drawing any
conclusions about Hohner ever condoning behaviour of this kind.

In fact, given the animosity consistently displayed towards Harrison on so
many harmonica boards almost from its inception, isn't it entirely
possible they were bogus (crank) calls designed purely to hurt your company  while
using Hohner as a scapegoat --unless of course you have some absolutely
incontrovertible physical proof otherwise?

Best,

Elizabeth

PS: Definitely concur about Lars Seifert of Seydel and the Suzuki Reps:
Waichiro and Daron especially being the nicest people. I have had excellent
interactions with all of them and consider them my friends. In fact I don't
know  ANY reps from Harmonica Companies who are not exceedingly nice people.

"Message: 8