Re: [Harp-L] 2012 Out of the box harmonica recomendations

Lee Oskars have long enjoyed a reputation for durability. However, in the last few years, some dedicated users have reported less than usual durability in recent purchases.

Suzuki Bluesmaster and Harpmaster models, as far as I know, are the same harp with different-shaped covers. (And the Bushman Delta Frost is claimed by several knowledgeable commentators to be a rebranded Harpmaster.)

Hohner MS series tend to be very durable and will get you closer to the Marine Band sound than some others, though the MS reed design uses a longer (louder but less subtle) reed for each note in comparison with the Marine Band and Special 20. The Blues Harp and Big River both use the same MS reedplates but different combs and covers. (By the way, the easy
bending thing about Hohner Blues Harps was always a myth. The original Blues Harp model was just a Marine Band with different covers and box.)

Winslow

VOTE Winslow Yerxa for SPAH president, with L J Atkison for vice president
Winslow for SPAH President (Facebook)

Winslow4Prez (YouTube)
Chair, SPAH entertainment committee
Chair, SPAH awards committee
Member, SPAH convention planning committee
Staff, SPAH Convention event operation