[Harp-L] RE: John Lennon

How John Lennon learned cross harp, perhaps:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdXzJaCeHP8

Message: 8
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 01:20:35 +0000
From: Mike Best <mike.best@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Harp-L] John Lennon
To: "'harri.haka@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <harri.haka@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
	"harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>

On the subject of John Lennon, has anyone tried the harp lines on "Love
Me Do"?

I used to play it in a band some years ago and I used to use 2 harps.
Might have been a C and a G but I can't really remember.  Thank God
we've stopped playing it now coz I can't stand the song.  Crowds of a
certain vintage seemed to like it though

Cheers
Mike

Message: 9
He uses a chromatic on that song. Google it and you'll find a thorough
and
interesting analysis by Pat Missin (I think it was) on his web site.

Bill Hines