Re: [Harp-L] My Favorite Larry Adler Recordings

I was playing in an orchestra in Houston.  Across the street Adler was
playing with another orchestra at the same time!  I missed him.

After he passed, I was doing a gig and I was in the business office.
There was a woman there who the boss introduced me to.  After the
woman left, she said, "You know, that was Larry Adler's widow.  She's
visiting Austin."

I asked the boss to try and set up a meal, my treat, but I never heard
from her.  What I WANTED to do was SCREAM at the boss, "Why didn't you
tell me that as we were introduced!?!"

Perhaps the boss was trying to respect her privacy, which I
understand.  However, RRRR!
Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com