RE: [Harp-L] positions you can use on diatonic

Ok, I understand the way you use it.
In fact, I do the same but without using any position concept.
I don't have to know all the harps of course, but I know the C harp, and I
just think about the note transcription, like a sax or a trumpet would do.
For example, if I know a lick in D maj on a C harp, then I know the exact
same lick in B maj on a A harp.
In fact, I think all the notes of the A harp as being the ones of a C harp.
In a certain way, I consider my A harp as a C instrument, like a sax would
do (BTW, saxes also play on instruments with different keys).
As you can see, I think it the same way as you do, without thinking about
positions but about scales (it would work the same way for the D min
harmonic scale for example).
The difference is slight.

Another example is for reading music. Let's say I have a music sheet for
trumpet, in Bb.
Either I use a C harp, and I transcribe a whole tone above the music sheet,
or I use a Bb harp and I don't transcribe, or I use a A harp and I
transcribe half a tone down, etc ...
In any case, I'll consider the harp I play with as a C instrument.

Regards,

Jerome
www.youtube.com/JersiMuse