Re: Subject: [Harp-L] someone spilled beer in my harmonicas!!!!! hi-gene and the harp

Hi
Back in the day when all one could get was Hohner, they were mostly leaky and unreliable, some would say that not much has changed but lots has changed and there really isn't the need to soak a harp now that there was back then.

Some simple rules should keep you safe.
First and formost is don't share your instrument with any one else. Would you put some one else's false teeth into your mouth? Sharing harps is much the same.
Try not to play when you have food in your mouth, as what's been in your mouth will end up in your harp. Even with good oral higene you can have all sorts of nasty stuff growing in your harp. You don't want to make it worse by giving the germs food.

If you are going to put your harp into booze then a blond spirit is better than something like Baileys, better yet don't soak it in any thing at all.
Just my thoughts-David