Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2011 8:40 PM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx ; Dan Hazen
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Know any good harp versions of Shaky Ground?

Jr. Wells recorded a great version of "Shaky Ground" on his CD Everybody's Gettin' Some on Telarc Records, released in 1995.

Peter Madcat Ruth
Musician - Grammy Award Winner
madcat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.madcatmusic.net
www.youtube.com/user/petermadcatruth

On Sep 29, 2011, at 6:04 PM, Dan Hazen wrote:

I'm working on this Delbert McClinton song. Shaky Ground, covered by the
Temptations, Etta James, Flea (!), and a whole host of other people. I can't
find any recordings of Delbert playing harp on this song, though. Actually,
I haven't found any good harp versions of the song yet. Found one vid of a
European using a high F harp that was okay, but it was kind of an acoustic
style Sonny Boy sort of approach... and I'll be playing it in E... either
with an A or D harp... A works best for the lead riff, but D is working best
for soloing, so far. There's a really good video of Delbert with a lot of
horns and a sax player, but their lines aren't turning out very easy to copy
on harp. Ideas? Hmmm. I wonder if Rod Piazza ever covered it...