Re: [Harp-L] someone spilled beer in my harmonicas!!!!!

Hi Randy,

Not a big deal unless you have some valves installed. All harps with
plastic combs are easy to wash. The only thing could happen when you
disassemble them is that the harps might loose that compression - you
might misalign the plates and comb a bit when you assemble it after
cleaning or the pressure could be different when you fix the screws or
the dust and residual saliva that sealed the comb. Otherwise, you can
clean your harps quickly if you do them one by one.

My father in law always gets upset when I open a new bottle of vodka
(as a rule the only one at home) and pour a half of it in the bowl and
clean my harps after being washed in a warm water with the dishwasher
detergent. The climax of the story is when I use the other half for
double rinsing and get the suff out in the sink - anticipated magic and
hopes are gone for good, and my wife is thankful as never before:))

Al

Help save paper! Do you really need to print this email?
>>> Randy Singer <randy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 9/29/2011 6:17 PM >>>

I have this new gig on mondays, I play in a real reggae band, hard core
reggaeââ.I play the lee oscar WAR style mixed with howard levy style and
they give me the freedom to play anything, doing the horn lines, solos,
intros, etc. Amazing gig, packed house every monday night in miami
beachâ..My favorite night of the week.

But the place can get really wildâ.and it did.

Someone knocked a beer off the table and it landed on my harps. I was
SHOCKED and horrified to see six of my golden melodies LYING IN A POOL
OF GUINESS BEER!!!!

It was a crime scene to meââ.like seeing my harps in a  pool of
bloodâ..i was so outragedâ..grabbed them up and the beer poured out
of my pristine harmonicas!!!

I did my best to wipe the cover platesââ

problem is some of them are now stickingâ.there is residue for sureââ.i
had a session yesterday and had to use a razor blade to free three stuck
reeds.

DOES ANYONE HAVE A SOLUTION?

Can i dunk a plastic harp in water? In hindsight, I probably should
have done that the moment it happened since the water could not have
been anywhere worse than the thick beer.

I guess that's why they call it the bluesâ..

your advice is appreciated.

randy

This e-mail message may contain confidential and/or privileged material.

Delivery of this message to any person other than the intended
recipient(s) does not in any way waive privilege or confidentiality.
whom or which it is addressed.
Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying is strictly prohibited.
The sender accepts no liability for the proper transmission of this
communication or for any delay in its receipt.