[Harp-L] Making the Move to Chromatic

Great suggestions.

Actually, i'm pretty comfortable with modes. i sort of lump them in with scales. I've also got a little Yamaha electric piano i got on sale a couple of years ago for $99 and a keyboard chord book which i've misplaced. Haven't misplaced the piano--just haven't been using it to figure stuff out like i should.

i've pretty much figured out the dominant 7th chord intervals and the major 7th chord intervals and the minor 7th chord intervals. It's the structure of the myriad of other chords that I don't know off the top of my head. I mean, I suppose i could add a 9th without too much trouble, but beyond that, I have stop and think or refer to a reference of some kind.

Yeah, it takes a lot of practice.

Again, i appreciate the very useful suggestions.

JP