[Harp-L] Good blues film music

Hi All,
I recommend the soundtrack for " O Brother where art thou". Not so much for its Blues harmonica but rather for the slide guitar playing.

A truly sad story. I once owned a 1948 wooden bodied Dobro. one of 12 made that year. I had it set up for playing left handed, for a tour of South Africa. The guitarist that I had it set up for stole it from me in Cape town. I don't mourn the loss of it's value, which by now would have been considerable. It cost me £1005.00 in five pound notes when I brought it, but rather I mourn the loss of it's fabulous sound, which blended so perfectly with the sound of my harp.

I know it's a deeply traditional combo but none the worse for that. I can't think about it any more it's too disturbing but if you get the chance to play with a good slide player take it with both hands.

yours David

--
D Priestley AKA Dr Midnight.
England's first  harmonica Guru.

I teach from: 51 Barkston Gdns, the basement flat&  On-Line,
Email me or call me to book lessons or get more info.

E-mail= dmharpman@xxxxxxxxx
Website= http://www.cognitionarts.com/
Phone=(44) 0207 373 0295