[Harp-L] Inside Fathead Musical Instruments

Since I'm approaching my 13th year in the repair business I decided to modestly celebrate by posting photos of the shop on my website.
Some of you have been customers of mine since year one. Here's a chance to finally see where your harps end up.

It's hard as hell to be in this business and not go through phases of burnout. Many fellow harp techs started in business around the time I did but are no longer offering their talent. I try to encourage and support some of the younger tech's that have come along since I've been down their road and back again many times. No tech last for long on their own. It's the moral, technical and emotional support we offer each other that allows us to maintain our businesses and support you our customers.

While I was hoping to finally build a shop in my garage this year to house everything in one place that didn't transpire due to being ill for a few months then
the economy taking a toll on the cash flow.

What's missing in the shots are areas where I store the vintage and used parts, new chromatics, shipping supplies and computer.

http://www.harmonicarepair.com/Fathead_Musical_Instruments/THE_SHOP.html

Almost forgot. Check out the harp player featured this month on the home page. Mike Metallia and Midnight Shift from northeast PA. The track featured has Mike and Steve Guyger playing together. Mike's cd is probably the best blues harp cd I've heard this year. I can hear the ghost of Gary Primich on a few cuts.
Check out the track and link to his site.

Take Care
Michael Easton
www.harmonicarepair.com