[Harp-L] Delay unit's question et al... (Ed Vedock)

"Harmonica doesn't need all these electronic side-shows"

You know, it sort of depends on who you talk to.

True story: I started playing with a band using a pedal board. All the other musicians in the band are full time professionals (I'm not). At first I was makining liberal use of my effects pedals but i was instructed not use the pedal board gizmos very much. So after that I made only minimal use of the pedals and only on a very few tunes. At some point the guitar player gets a bigger amp, so to maintain balance i start using a bigger amp and I don't use a pedalboard with it. To my surprise, the other musicians insisted I continue to use a pedal board because on the 3 or 4 tunes i had been using MicroPog and/or rotary sound they thought those effects added something important to our arrangements of those particular tunes. FWIW.

JP