Subject: [Harp-L] CD Review of Climb Jacobs Ladder

You're a class act, Paul. I was already convinced to buy the CD on the
strength of PT's review alone and am in the process right now. Was momentarily
distracted by another CD Baby artist harmonicist (among other  instruments)
Anton Mizerak whose latest cd is also calling  me. The other reviews are
the cream on top. I've given a listen to the  clips and they're terrific. A
must-get imho.

Elizabeth

"Message: 12
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 13:26:12 -0400
From: "Paul  Messinger" <paul@xxxxxxxx>
To: _harp-l@xxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx)

PT/Stevie B/Mojo and other TRENCHANT friends:

Thanks for the  kind words, have received a few others via e-mail as well
(paul@xxxxxxxx)  .

As some of you know, the Climb Jacob's Ladder band project  started from a
song I'd written (Jacob's Ladder), after the passing of my  21-year old son
Jacob . It's been three years now, and although grief has its  own rules and
its own calendar, I can honestly say that music does indeed  heal, and
playing music does indeed create joy in one's heart .

The music on the CD (the CD name is actually DooWatchaDoo) is  music I've
wanted to make and record for a long time, using harmonica as part  of the
fabric of a band-sound . as well as of course step up front when  the
occasion requires.

There was a harp-l thread a few  years ago where Rob Paparozzi posed the
question:  What do we as a  community have to do in order to get producers
feature more harmonica in  modern popular music?

My response was that we as a community had  to become better songwriters.

In doing so, we would create an  extended harmonica musical vocabulary that
the public recognized and embraced  and wanted more of.  It would only be
then that harp players would be  called in to play parts that the guitar and
keyboard and horns are being  called in to play today.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking  to it . would be glad to discuss
of
course .

Again, thanks for  the kind words and please check the tunes out on our
web-site:   www.climbjacobsladder.net .

Also, we are playing a double-bill  with Joe Filisko and Eric Noden on
September 22nd at The ArtsCenter in  Carrboro  NC
<http://www.artscenterlive.org/event/performance/523>
http://www.artscenterlive.org/event/performance/523  , a 300-seat theatre,
celebrate the release of the DooWatchaDoo CD .  hopefully we'll see some of
you fellow harpers there .

warmly,

Paul Messinger/Chapel Hill  NC