[Harp-L] Seydel session steel

I recently picked up a session steel in c. I am not a well versed pro by any means but I am capable of hitting all the bends on any harp I pick up and I am picking up overblows. I have and do use them all but I won't say I play chromatically.

After three months or so with this harp I have to say for me it is the easiest to play harp I own. I have a hodge podge of the usual suspects in the thirty dollar range covering the keys.

 I feel it's playability out of the box trumps the likes of my Suzuki, Oskars, Special 20s and Marine Bands that have occupied my time.

I know it costs more per harp so that might be the explanation of it but they are reasonable at 60 bucks. So far it Is still in tune, I play hard and tend to blow out harps quick but in the time I have owned it I would have bought probably two Special 20s so the economy is apparent to me. I play c harps quite often

I am in the process of getting one tweaked a bit by Greg Jones and swapping to 1847 covers In the key of G. What can I say I like the orange comb but I also really like wide open backs on harps too. Just kind of an experiment.

I think I am really fond of the seydel reeds. I am debating swapping out my whole collection for stainless. A friend got the saxony and let me play around with it and for the first time I actually enjoyed the chromatic as opposed to the chromatic that floats around my case rarely used.

I have been reading this list for a while but this is the first time I have posted.

Will