Re: [Harp-L] RP 200a for vocals?

"Bruce K Ritter" wrote:
<Does anyone know if there are any patches out there to use my old RP200A for
<vocals?  I've moved on to a 250, and then a 355, but I'd like to see some
<use for the old 200a, and some simple vocal patches, reverb or whatever seem
<like a possibility?

I've never tried the RP200 with vocals, though I suppose it could be done.  I've used the RP250 with vocals and it worked okay.  But the RP250 has MUCH better reverbs than the RP200.  You'd have to be very careful with the reverbs on the 200--it might be better to work with the delays instead, of which there are three varieties, all tasty.  On the FX side, I'd try the pitch shifter, the detune affect (for a simple simulation of a double vocal), and perhaps a little bit of the chorus effect. I'd start without any amp modeling, except for the Direct box model, and try amp modeling for sounds where you want some grit.

You might also consider combining the 200 with your other RPs. Or you might try using it with guitar.  It's a good-sounding device with its own character, after all.

You might also consider using the RP250 for vocals, and using the RP200 as a backup (or parallel processor) for the RP355 with the harp.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick