[Harp-L] Re: free music sharing sites

I use soundcloud.com and bandcamp.com and highly recommend both. Soundcloud is mostly for things you want people to listen to but not pay for. Bandcamp is more for things you're also trying to sell. (Although that's not strictly true for either site, that's how I'm using them.)

All such sites tell you to never post anything you don't hold the copyright to - or at least have secured distribution rights/licenses for. If it's your own song, that won't be an issue. Soundcloud lets you specifically assign what rights you want to give to others, e.g. "All Rights Reserved" means "you can't do anything without my permission" down to some of the "Creative Commons" licensing that can mean "I don't care what you do with it at all" - it's your choice.

Jim Hanks
http://soundcloud.com/jim-hanks
http://jimhanks.bandcamp.com/