[Harp-L] New Butterfield recording

I don't know if this was ever a bootleg but it's available as an mp3 download or cd.
If you decide to buy a mp3 download emusic has it for $4.40. Amazon is selling it for $17.95 in downloadable mp3 format or around $13-18 in cd format.

The cd is titled Rick Danko, Richard Manuel & Paul Butterfield "Live at the Lone Star".

It's an entirely acoustic cd. 22 tracks. It sounds like the tracks were recorded from mics on the stage. Very informal and laid back concert. They complain about the levels on stage being too low or too loud on some tracks. Mistakes abound. Everybody is straining to sing including Butter.

The recording quality is better then Strawberry Jam but a couple notches below the Better Days live cd.

Just bass, occasional rhythm guitar, piano and acoustic harp. The harp is too low on some tracks. Manuel is either hitting bad notes or the piano is out of tune on some keys.

I would only recommend this recording for die-hard fans of the 3 artists. I'm sure if they were alive today this cd would never see the light of day.
I can look past the mistakes since I didn't buy it to cop chops.

Michael Easton
www.harmonicarepair.com