[Harp-L] My Honeyboy Edwards story

When I was 21 I travelled Europe for a half of a year.  I was in
England in a small town (Bath?)  And there were posters for a Honeyboy
concert that night.  I went to the club but they were sold out.  I
pulled out my 21 year old ego and demanded to speak to the manager.  I
explained to him I was a serious harmonica player and I would get more
out of the show than probably anyone in the audience and I deserved to
be there.  I suggested a deal.  I would play a song for him.  If he
didn't like it, I would go on my way.  If he liked it, he would have
to find me a seat.

He said, "I don't think I am the best person to decide  that."  He
took me in the club and introduced me to Honeyboy Edwards.  He
explained the situation to Edwards who agreed to be the judge.  I
played and of course if I had been terrible Edwards still would have
let me in, but I think I was doing okay after after 6 years of
playing.  Anyway, I got a great seat and got to see a legend.

I am not one for autographs, but somewhere in a collection is a ticket
stub with "Honeyboy"  written on it, looking humorously like Homeyboy.
Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com