[Harp-L] re: Looping Version of U2, Live
- To: "nhoehn@xxxxxxxxxxx" <nhoehn@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Harp-L] re: Looping Version of U2, Live
- From: martin oldsberg <martinoldsberg@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 05:27:37 -0700 (PDT)
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1319718457; bh=WrWQl6qfAkBifdkP++6D7+8BoFfVxUHhUBV2hmUIyf0=; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=Td1XtG8/CwBOPxwUkOeEaLJQIzXdtrSLDENxvDuGKbWmhG1ShI3zWrh2I8brQrhbMrXu3XOQoMwyngC3C7cGOo/RnKBJgjE+fCDRcL7mw31FbFANNFBte+caz4gSm0WwVSBUJ/GPWLBXPi6rCI6adEFktEL+j6LNemfWAhz4CHk=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=xPjNx/XRoRR8EFNFm7p/7pbHi9IvSKtAlB64kQ8UPeKfui2itPZctWVWWE12sVeTFMbuWhtC2ViWFVzbizh410TJC5REUPeqJZJ8Lnq4/RLFYIAaC9Gs5nLd2Y7uyRB5TVnozueA6QtuNj75TlTg0rGhNg/JoIzUz0eYbSb2qPU=;
- Reply-to: martin oldsberg <martinoldsberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Well, the solo is not very "meh" at all (whatever that means), it´s nice and gritty.
The fact that you somehow can double track the vocals just for the chorus is slightly incomprehensible to me (I´m an ancient techno-phobe) -- and I wonder, could you do this for several harmonies?
Not called for on this tune, I know, but still, that would really open up possibilites ...
I had a great time with my solo show this past weekend and someone recorded my version of U2's "Desire". My amp was crapping on and off and the solo is very meh... but the looping is quite intricate so I thought some would be interested. I switch between the A and B sections of the song like the original, add harmony vocals to the A section w/o them playing right away, isolate the drums, isolate the bass etc.
All comments are welcome!
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and