[Harp-L] re: From me to you
- To: "kenneth.d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <kenneth.d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Harp-L] re: From me to you
- From: martin oldsberg <martinoldsberg@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 05:42:22 -0700 (PDT)
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1319114542; bh=KUXoanKcRJ2MuZDEa7sli3W0GmWYqSEFwoMsWgKe0uM=; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=WX5ED+ZFVE6CL3rKA++ouMwoH8oguO4f5UooxkHsU7Bt1+M5PRMEKb2KpJuoG4djriYKd8XxXSwKQyX+zKv7ut5Vy0XOwjgQgRz+Ea/VPZUHziLwhoxIwfO6e8/b7+HdVl3PL72CCJAZgMhSXiH8FH+HGcTqlknBhfn8CedQ/QE=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=PToU9yHnJIDBvE2wBd01NLy6lxOykb1+f3HP4T7STnpQQDY1fg6K67C9SW1JAvoDkyWIQtD3jmtxIL670OARplg0m8ggSXwM7tzTGWVPas074mt0zFSytHXFOuTC8AXv7cFs9kkDCP90ANvUqHTcKmoFZgejh/VLLqw2BOd70mg=;
- Reply-to: martin oldsberg <martinoldsberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Ken D wrote:
>I once asked Doug Tate if he'd played on any well-known records.
>He told me a story he must've told a million times. In 1962 he was called
>for a session with a new group he had never heard of. The song was From Me
>To You and the band was of course The Beatles.
In Ian Macdonalds book about all Beatles sessions, Lennon is given as the harmonica player on "From me to you". But that may be wrong -- I think he worked with written records -- and it adds a little something to think that it could be Douglas Tate.
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and