Re: [Harp-L] what is the blues?????
- To: The Iceman <icemanle@xxxxxxx>, "harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Harp-L] what is the blues?????
- From: Ken Hildebrand <airmojoken@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 08:17:08 -0700 (PDT)
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1319037428; bh=wNWN5RrV6FhWFNrOzKuBH1XAi9DLUqcSKp//lfKQHfk=; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=SW9kvkzjARtzVBlXVjWbKOyRTVW2vJBLLtJUtCevO+O8QlbX3CysQf9QNBOJ5+h5C8nhtVuMIJ8FTQh/JJN0GukbKvOiavgk20JdJFpFFwTEE4EEGwqLkXi8uYKfriaFbETxrJDrkh9UM1Vsm23PTLYATO3dvmEnKSOXSKNknvA=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=OxLndV2/1osY8QFFs5yFCs3uQ+5KdZ9NqVxUKNsQjzyILccXdTtcZ6iIlbERSg0Xptpdnqxu/IoR9OY2OwodO0ct8mKSCuoWq74QztSPW5mbxRhycrCyLNieIDQXBqD+4whFRs8+kyLDXq1kn2F+nr7NWY6hLr6qM5N910okz1s=;
- In-reply-to: <8CE5BD096CCA377-67C-6AA85@webmail-d070.sysops.aol.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <8CE5BD096CCA377-67C-6AA85@webmail-d070.sysops.aol.com>
- Reply-to: Ken Hildebrand <airmojoken@xxxxxxxxx>
Here is the video with Martin Mull.
He also plays a pretty mean "Duelin' Banjos" on TUBA and guiatar (towards the end of the video.
Ken H in OH
From: The Iceman <icemanle@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2011 1:14 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] what is the blues?????
a great example of the blues is on Martin Mull's live recording Martin Mull and the Fabulous Furniture. He talks about how everyone gets the blues and how he learned to play the blues when he was just a baby in Cleveland - then he pulls out a little plastic stringed guitar and a baby bottle used as a slide - starts playing an excellent blues groove and sings about how even upper middle class people have the blues
"Got home today, and saw both cars were gone.
Well I got home today, and saw both cars were gone.
I feel so low down deep inside,
I threw my drink across the lawn"
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and