Re: [Harp-L] From Me To You

I once asked Doug Tate if he'd played on any well-known records.

He told me a story he must've told a million times. In 1962 he was called for a session with a new group he had never heard of. The song was From Me To You and the band was of course The Beatles.

He said Lennon and McCartney worked with him on every nuance of his part. He was surprised because these young men were very, very clear on what they wanted. He recorded his part and left.

Doug was emphatic on one point: he had absolutely no idea if his part wound up on the final release of the record. My guess is that Bobbie Giordano could add a bunch of info to this story.

Fantastic man and player, that Doug. He was such an amazing asset to Harp-l.