From: Mikael Bäckman <harp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, October 14, 2011 1:39 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Love Me Do

The Beatles: Love Me Do

We´ve all heard it. I don't know about you, but I have never attempted to play it until just now, I have a student who wanted to learn it so I transcribed it for her.

My question is: Is Lennon using a chromatic on this one? The intro works fine on a c-diatonic in 2:nd position but when the harp plays the bridge, he plays both F# and F. He is clearly not bending and the harp sounds like a chromatic. I always assumed that Lennon would play diatonic, but it seems I was wrong.

Anyone know anything about this one?

Thanks,

Mikael Backman