[Harp-L] Flat reed

Brian wrote:
The 5 draw in my C harp has gone flat, from F to E, after a jam session last night.  Rather than try to retune it
back to F (which in my limited experience rarely works as the reed has probably been weakened already) are
there any suggestions on re-tuning some other reeds on the harp to create an alternative tuning?

Brian, in my opinion, if that reed has truly gone bad, it can't be trusted and therefore it would be a waste of time to tune the rest of the harp when that
reed is only going to continue to deteriorate.  Better to spend your time replacing the reed, imo.
  Perhaps u are bending your note beyond "the floor" (lower than the correct pitch) which is what they say usually causes catastrophic failure.
ron