Re: [Harp-L] Re: Is live blues dying out?â
- To: Scott Hicks <dscotthicks@xxxxxxxxxxx>, harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Re: Is live blues dying out?â
- From: chuck maguire <ctm_v@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 20:34:08 -0700 (PDT)
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1318476848; bh=Kb4WaZ++ZlCJnqDIYYSVZCsjxuvnIWHcuSsYC7VHsEA=; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=omrXmT7e33qT+T+JjNQVTKyZ6YQofexv3nct2FsZ5CqPymq4ddrzKc90brr7I5YixO7zNsjjTlhqWQCh/4FItmgYBgOz2NY/i32xEL8hzrCuxF6s7VuUULaDXvgGSF1ZP+uR64D9XrO5RXVni8VNEU8k3ARrKUPAtSfLDa51aq8=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=R+sostL48UEHRLGBb+BKBBqYB3OTG9PtfPYeIRVMABJz+NnkLjDMUC+rREYYUroxchsf4sB66IDqDeBblw33CcoOhDen4zQ6+KN+zbPsHEUASEAmVVxak7Agg4s4w9kbWOwrhGQuGyqin8IDv0eSm7ryP5GKSRZa5WbPVF60lpo=;
- In-reply-to: <COL113-W5208271868AFA25511AE58AEE30@phx.gbl>
- References: <COL113-W5208271868AFA25511AE58AEE30@phx.gbl>
- Reply-to: chuck maguire <ctm_v@xxxxxxxxx>
I live outside Richmond VA and just picked up trying harp again last month after years long lull.Â This thread motivated me to run out to Capital Ale House tonight where Eden Brent, http://www.edenbrent.com/, was playing, there was only about 50 or so folks there which I thought was low for who was playing.Â Maybe partly because it is a rainy Wednesday night. She doesn't have harp player with her but her piano and vocals were fantastic.
I think people really like the blues and what it influenced but I do think the younger generation, which probably spends most on seeing live acts,Âsimply prefers rock, rap etc.Â When exposedÂthough they do say they like it.
And it is sad that an area the size of Richmond doesn't have a dedicated blues bar.
***But I did join the River City Blues Society tonight as they were sponsoring Ms. Brent:)
Joining the blues society and seeing liveÂacts regularly are on my to-do list to help get me where I want with harp.
From: Scott Hicks <dscotthicks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2011 8:40 AM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Re: Is live blues dying out?â
1.2 million people in the Richmond, VA metro area.Â Zero blues clubs.Â There are two or three venues that I would describe as "supportive" of the blues, but there are no strictly blues clubs.Â For that matter, there are very few strictly blues bands.Â I can think of maybe half a dozen.Â Sad...
Scott ÂÂÂ ÂÂÂ ÂÂÂ Â ÂÂÂ ÂÂÂ Â
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and