Re: [Harp-L] Re: Is live blues dying out?â
- To: harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>, Scott Hicks <dscotthicks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Re: Is live blues dying out?â
- From: Will Vogtman <will_vogtman@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 07:03:15 -0700 (PDT)
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1318428195; bh=mZwh+7aNfanirobPXhHN99/49FHSPctFmGZm7VUcgEY=; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Message-ID:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=xrLPsZsQHpaFGgKLXPdQubhmbJwsZnp4edaBcwqQtmr+dN43hTnPTnM0M+vwp31zBKl33jhTKWBy7MIo1k/jRrmHVQFYoFUWtm3HAwWGv607+B71bJ5l23lWXC9M7UVkxOewzmzC9e/16p6hl15II6BLvkJDVjebYGIrNB3cd9s=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Message-ID:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=YkZqU5g0MvJ0RaTcGLcvus6Iu7WaZTG9QCtq1kNUVlQXFbfoikwydgPaVD6eP3AsF4Zj7Jim7l/LdsgALrQeXl97954XsV0qK4XI+/+ZJ8OTPadsPW0cQeUgLQCAtEjmgMj7wJduVy/JdhHt6x+7z9cMUk5RwREKrnIE/lflexU=;
- In-reply-to: <COL113-W5208271868AFA25511AE58AEE30@phx.gbl>
These things usually come in cycles.Â I think we're on a down swing. It'll never die.Â I predict a resurgence in about ten years.Â It my not be called "blues,"Â but it will be there.
As for now, I'm in a bluegrass band that I've talked into doing "Hot Tamales," "Got My Mojo Workin',"Â and 2 more original blues tunes.
1.2 million people in the Richmond, VA metro area.Â Zero blues clubs.Â There are two or three venues that I would describe as "supportive" of the blues, but there are no strictly blues clubs.Â For that matter, there are very few strictly blues bands.Â I can think of maybe half a dozen.Â Sad...
Â ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ ÂÂÂÂÂÂ ÂÂÂ Â
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and