Re: [Harp-L] Is live blues dying out??

I definitely see a huge difference in 1993 when I moved to Austin and
there were around 10 blues clubs and around 100 high quality blues
bands to now where there is maybe one blues club and 10 serious blues
bands.

I got out of playing only blues real early although I have been a
member of 3 blues bands and have been hired for lots of blues gigs.
Blues remains my favorite music for listening on CDs, and my favorite
live music when played by masters.

However, I believe a blues resurgence is just a Stevie Ray Vaughan
away.  Consider this same question before George Thoroughgood (sp?)
The Fabulous Thunderbirds, ZZ Top and Stevie all had hits in one year
on MTV.  Then look at the blues charts the year after that.
Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com