Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Re: Eivets Rednow Question

One of my favourite albums and why my latest cat is Alfie.

Remember too that Stevie began recording this in either 1967 or 1968  (it
was released towards the end of '68 during the Vietnam War) and did the
backwards name precisely because he was playing what was thought of even then as
 'main-stream' (old-style) all instrumental-music - Burt Bacharach, etc. He
was  all of 18 when it came out and I don't think those handling his career
wanted  him tagged as a Variety Show style performer which would surely
follow since he  was already establishing his persona of a Soul and Pop
singer/performer.

The beauty and genius of the album wasn't truly recognized until very  many
years later since his legions of young fans didn't want much to do with it
at the time.

Don't quite know what they were capable of in the studios then, but my
bet's on Slim. I haven't seen any indication Stevie ever played anything
smaller  than a 16 hole chromatic from his early days. Isn't it astonishing how
good  he already was at that age?

you can listen to audio samples of all the songs here:

_http://www.amazon.com/gp/recsradio/radio/B000001A9R/ref=pd_krex_dp_a_
(http://www.amazon.com/gp/recsradio/radio/B000001A9R/ref=pd_krex_dp_a)

Elizabeth

"Message: 9