[Harp-L] Harmonica Love is in the Air at the 39th GSHC Festival (Part 1)

Harmonica Love is in the Air at the39th GSHC Festival (Part 1)

Itâs onlythree weeks away from our annual festival at The Ramada Hotel in East Hanover,NJ taking place on Nov.3,4,5.  The cost for the 3 day ticket is$125 paid in advance ($10 more at the door). The hotel is $82 plus tax andincludes a daily hot buffet breakfast.  The Garden State Harmonica Club will beproviding another great harp experience for all.
Itâs becomea tradition to have a festival kick-off at Trumpets Jazz Club in Montclair, NJon the night before the Festival on Nov. 2.  So get warmed up and join us there at our"Festival Jazz and Blues Blast" starting at 7:30 p.m. The cost is $15 per person with a $5minimum and the food is absolutely delicious!  Greeting you will be RobPaparozzi, our front man and host who be part of the eveningâs entertainment,that also includes Hal Walker, Phil Caltabellotta and Enrico Granafei.
Our verytalented  line-up of performers on openingnight Thursday, Nov.3rd includes: The GSHC Ensemble,  CharlesSpranklin, The Harmaniacs (Rob Fletcher,Steve Retchin, Doug Tanner),  AJ Fedor,  Ken"The Rocket" Korb and Enrico Granafei.  Charles Spranklin will be Master ofCeremonies. This will be followed by a Blues Jam led by Ken Korb and an informal Jazz Jam.
Fridaynight, Nov.4th has Charlie McDermott as Master of Ceremoniesintroducing all the acts beginning with Al and Judy Smith, known as TheHarmonica Hotshots, followed by GiovanniVolini, The Melody Men ( Frank Grova, Phil Caltabellotta, Bill Farbstein),  Hal Walker,  Phil Caltabellotta and  Daddy T and the 17 North Band closing  theshow.  Another fun Blues Jam with KenKorb will take place afterwards.  The Jazz Jam will be hosted by Chris Bauer, including a great trio of keyboard, drum andbass to accompany all players.

Our SaturdayMatinee taking place from 12:00 â 2:00 welcomes all 3 day and full Sat.attendees and is open to the public for a nominal fee of $12 for adults and $5for kids. The Master of Ceremonies will be Pat Maturo, fitting in a few magictricks in between acts.  Performersinclude: Ken Korb, Rhonda Schuster, Jay Gaunt, Hal Walker, Josh King and The Harmaniacs, all  of whom will put on a great showintroducing many different styles of harmonica playing to the audience.

Saturday night festivities begin with Danny Gproviding just the right harmonica music at our Cocktail Party (cash bar) thatincludes hors d'oeuvres,  followed by afabulous buffet dinner, awards, raffle drawings and absolutely, amazing show.  Bob McFarlane will play his harmonica andkeyboard playing beautiful music during dinner. The Master of Ceremonies will againbe Charlie McDermott who will introduce Stan Harper, followed by The Sgro Bros(Dom and Tony),  Chris Bauer; and The HarpBeats ( George Miklas and PhilCaltabellotta). And for the first time there will be a triple trio treat in store for you featuring Chris Bauer on chromatic, Phil Caltabellotta on chord and George Mikllas playing bass!

 After intermission, we are offering an additional l show featuringrenowned guitarist, Bucky Pizzarelli with his bass player, Jerry Bruno and Enrico Granafei on harmonica. This is a specialshow, included for 3 day and all day Sat. attendees and is open to the publicfor $25.

The next actwill showcase Robert Bonfiglio who will include a fantastic classicalrepertoire of songs.  And closing  out the show will be GSHC member, RobPaparozzi , who needs no introduction to you harp-lerâs out there!   Itâs also very fitting that since Rob startedthe show rolling at Trumpets, he can provide a great ending, as well! Afterwards, you will all be able to hang out at the Jazz Jam with host Chris Bauer and our trio or with Ken Korb at our Blues Jam.

Ourperformers are amazing musicians and we are most fortunate to be able to offerthis incredible talent to you. We would love to see you support the GSHC byattending this 39th Festival that looks as it will be the best oneyet! we need you to make it happen!  Visit:http//www.gardenstateharmonicaclub.org for more details.  Donât deprive yourself of this opportunity tomix and mingle with such great talent, all in one location. Hope you can bethere!

Always thinkharmonica!

Val Redler,
PresidentGSHC,
CoâChairFestival