[Harp-L] RIP Ronald Colvin

When I was in high school, my best friend's father, Ronald Colvin, was
a harmonica player, both chromatic and diatonic.  He was a collector
of harmonica band music and also had a classical recording of a
chromatic player who had spent 14 years in jail and had amazing
technique (can anyone name this player?).  He shared many an album
with me.  He gave me my second harp, a Marine Band in A.  He taught me
how to get a single note.

Sadly, I just received the word that he passed away.  Although it is
unlikely any of who have heard of him, he loved harmonica and his
sharing of that love with me really affected my life.  Here's to the
unknown heroes.
Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com