Subject: [Harp-L] Garden State Harmonica Festival

I'm in, paid up - and SO looking forward to this, Danny. Thanks  for these
video glimpses. Tres cool.

Besides all the other great performers, it's especially nice for me to  see
Hal Walker with the Khaen since I had posted here quite a bit after
'discovering' the sound of this incredible instrument a few months ago. I'm
really stoked to hear him in person and get to see it close up.

**(am attaching a post of mine from July 6 of this year which included
videos of his and others' playing).

While this IS the 39th Festival, it's actually the 40th Anniversary of the
Garden State due to one unfortunate year (2008) when there was no Festival.
 It causes some confusion but definitely is 40 years. That's a real
accomplishment.

Val Redler and Phil Caltabellotta (Co-chairs of the Fest) have brought  it
back to a level far surpassing any before...this is the 'new and improved'
Garden State Festival - with an up to date attitude,look, performers and
Hotel. The club is thriving with many new people joining, primarily due to Val
 & Phil's unwavering commitment to the Festival and Club and refusal to
allow  it to collapse after so many years. As President of the Club Val's
always in  recruitment mode. She's absolutely tireless and been the best thing to
ever  happen to Garden State.

This year's Festival is shaping up to be the best yet. The party
celebrating the 40th Anniversary at Enrico Granafei's Trumpets Jazz Club  was
perfectly done, incorporating Stan Harper's 90th Birthday  celebration with cakes
and a champagne toast to honour both Stan  and the Club, Phil making sure all
the performers were comfortable and set  up on stage, Pat Maturo as MC (a
revelation), and we're continuing with more of  the same with fabulous
musicians on the order of famed guitarist Bucky  Pizzarelli, in November. It's now
less than a month away, so those interested  should get going!

I was forced to miss SPAH but I'll get to Garden State somehow. It's such a
 warm and personal atmosphere I wouldn't miss it for anything. Hope to see
all of  my friends there, new and old.:)

Elizabeth

Message: 12