Re: [Harp-L] WEBER HARP AMP KIT ANYBODY ?
- To: markwjburness@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pintodigital@xxxxxxx, harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [Harp-L] WEBER HARP AMP KIT ANYBODY ?
- From: Ken <harplicks@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2011 19:44:49 -0600
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1317692696; bh=QoJg10qAbeyid58C4vLT/fVX7/ziZ1FzMNenPkx2U9A=; h=X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-SMTP:Received:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Importance:From:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=Bw6pLEa1JnH/PUEZkorVt64NST9hoKvS3gNkf2M/kZ/lKCemSOrhDXW0oCuIOYfpGbOzK4fxqI5zEKTEEH7/YtFbmfmXIqZs0MAppndyBC5Mf8iY/NVMueTqDvRJRQNkTrtruG55zY0wLZDeV6PJVv0AHVFEtDx8g7PoiNBClFA=
- Importance: low
Bruce Collins is an amazing amp builder with a thorough understanding of old-school tube amp technologies. He's built two amps for me, and both are killer harp amps. I've never tried his Weber kit design, but I'm sure, it is the real deal.Â
-------- Original message --------
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] WEBER HARP AMP KIT ANYBODY ?
From: MARK BURNESS <markwjburness@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: PINTO DIGITAL <pintodigital@xxxxxxx>,HARP L HARP L <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
The Weber VST "5F2H harp amp" is not a clone of any Fender (Weber VST already
have kits for most Fender style amps anyway, including the 5F2A tweed
Princeton), nor of any amp that I am aware of.
It's a Bruce Collins design, Bruce is the builder of the Mission Chicago amp.
the 5F2H runs a single power tube (a KT66 at high current for more power than a
6V6), which is about the only similarity with the Fender tweed Princeton,
virtually every other component is different to the Fender. It probably owes
more to the budget PA style amps of the 50's.
I'm not aware of a Weber 4x10" harp amp kit.
All that said, I have never heard one in the flesh, Steve Warner bult one a
while back. It would need micing up/lining out for use with a full electric band
as it only makes 12W at the most.
From: PINTO DIGITAL <pintodigital@xxxxxxx>
To: HARP L HARP L <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, 3 October, 2011 14:22:38
Subject: [Harp-L] WEBER HARP AMP KIT ANYBODY ?
Has anybody put the weber harp amp kit
together ? It's a tweed princeton clone I believe.
How's it sound ?
Little Joe & the Werewolves
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and