[Harp-L] Eric Bibb & Grant Dermody

Hello,

I was lucky enough to catch Seattle harp player Grant Dermody for the first time last week in Anchorage, Alaska. What a nice surprise, as I had purchased tickets not knowing Bibb would have any accompanist. I knew that had had lived in Alaska for a while early in his career.

Grant complimented Eric Bibb's masterful guitar playing and vocals perfectly. It was just the two of them on stage. He played tastefully, and in an understated fashion sitting on a stool...mostly diatonic. Used an acoustic microphone in a stand. Grant uses his hands to block and channel the harmonica very nicely for different tones and varying volume control. Several very interactive lively extended songs brought the crowd to it's feet. A fine player.

Although Eric's website says that he is mostly in Sweden and Germany over the next two months (and I am not sure Grant is doing that portion of the tour), I heartily recommend seeing Grant Dermody play if you get the chance.

http://www.ericbibb.com/bibb.php?location=/web/Tour%20dates

Grant's website doesn't have any updated tour info for the current time period, but maybe someone on the list knows:

http://www.grantdermody.com/

Regards,

John