[Harp-L] John Kay

Took a trip to the past on Friday night when I went to see John Kay and Steppenwolf perform.  During the mid 60's John Kay and his harmonica were a part of Toronto's Yorkville scene in which he played harmonica with Jack London and the Sparrow.  John later took over lead vocalist and harp duties for the Sparrow which next transformed into Steppenwolf, a group that left it's mark on R&R history.  During the free 1 1/2 hour performance, we heard all the hits and John pulled out his harp on a couple songs like "Hootchie Kootchie Man".    Great show-catch them if you can-they've still got the sound and the quality.

Manfred from Toronto the Good