RE: [Harp-L] The silent harmonica

My brother has a house and he puts some type of foam material in various places on the wall.  This might help the acoustics.  You might want to research this option.

-----Original Message-----
From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of martin oldsberg
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2011 4:34 PM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] The silent harmonica

Becuse of a move to a new apartment I´m faced with a nasty problem: it´s not sound proof here. I´ve been spoiled for many years with blasting away on my harmonica, record player, or various instruments day and night regardless of neighbours. Never had a complaint: either the´ve been deaf, scared of me or just un-disturbed. (Probably the latter, due to a solid house construction.)

Different story now, and I´m not planning to make my next door neighbour an enemy: he seems rather a nice guy, but it´s apparent that he hears too much of me, even in the daytime.
  My only solution so far is playing the music I´m playing along with (that´s my usual way of practicing; also it drowns some of the harmonica shrillness) at a more moderate volume, and wrapping the harp in a T-shirt or something. Awkward. But it still sounds too loud.

Any ideas here are welcome. You who have your own houses, garages, attics, basements, woodsheds or simply Mother Nature at your disposal can just lean back in your easy chairs and keep smiling, but if you want to live in the heart of a city this is something you have to take into the equation.

Cheers,
from
Martin,
in downtown Gothenburg,
Sweden.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:   Confidential information, such as identifiable patient health information or business information, is subject to protection under state and federal law.    If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you may not disclose, print, copy or disseminate this information.  If you have received this in error, please reply and notify the sender (only) and delete the message.  Unauthorized interception of this e-mail is a violation of federal criminal law.