Re: [Harp-L] Huntersounds Digitech RP patch set update shipped

ColdRail wrote:
<Hi Richard,
<
<Can you describe the new vocal patches?

The new vocal patches are simple combinations of a compressor, direct box amp model, EQ, reverb, and delay.  On several patches I've added chorus, vibrato, etc. for a little extra juice.

These patches are intended to be used with a stick vocal mic, which many harp players use with either their harp or their vocals, and they're designed to make a human voice louder and clearer over a PA system.  The delays and FX add atmospherics--the slapback delay on a couple of patches gives you a John Lennon-we-all-shine-on-vib that's very cool.  And of course, on these patches delay level is under footpedal control so you can add as much vib as you like.

I built this set because I was hating the sound of my own voice through my mic into my keyboard amp, and I was on the verge of spending $150-300 on a vocal processor.  When I realized that all the FX you find in a typical vocal processor are in an RP, I decided to try that first.  And it works pretty good, especially if you already own an RP.

I've also included two very nice amped blues harp patches in this set--the Dark Blue Tweed and Have Mercy.  The former is the latest in my Dark Blue series, tight, dark, and punchy.  The latter is absolutely perfect for amped chromatic and diatonic harp, with slapback delay and reverb that instantly put you into a Chicago club circa 1955.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick