Re: [Harp-L] Magnification for Reed Work

I ordered a Celestron 44202 stereo microscope from Amazon for $210. I got
a nice recommendation from Kate Mittendorf (a research scientist on Harp-L).
Smokey Joe Leone and Vern Smith provided considerable insight into things
to consider regarding magnification for harp work.

The Celestron 44202 has the following specs:

http://www.celestron.com/c3/product.php?ProdID=448

20x Power and 40x Power StereoBinocular Head 360° RotatableSet of 10x Wide Field Eyepieces2x and 4x Objective LensesFully Coated Glass OpticsFive Prepared SlidesTop and Bottom Halogen IlluminationStage Plate - Black/White and Frosted/OpaqueWorking Distance - 110 mm (4.33")
Given the working distance of 4.33 inches and 20X and 40X, I think it will do what
I want to do. It's supposed to arrive today.

Thanks again to Smokey Joe, Vern and Kate for the help!
Crazy Bob