Re: [Harp-L] Chromatic and Diatonic - Understanding Music Theory?

My FIRST musical instrument was a 270 Super Chrominica harmonica, in the
key of "G"...
I always "Think Music" from a baseline of the key of  a "G major"
chromatic harmonica, consequently...

So.... Give your 8 year old sibling a "C" chromatic harmonica   and  not
one in  "G"     <Grin>
It will help them get their head round music theory later on....

So I mostly visualize music in the form of a "G" chromatic harmonica.

But I guess folks that choose a Bb trumpet or clarinet as their first
instrument have exactly the same problem.

John "Whiteboy" Walden
_http://johnwalden.freevr.com_ (http://johnwalden.freevr.com)

Howard  Levy talks about visualizing a piano in his head when finding