[Harp-L] Manji feedback

I agree it is a really nice mass produced harp, one of the best mass
produced harps right "out the box" without any tweaking or gapping.  That
said, I personally dislike the lip on the comb that the cover plate sits
in to (and agree that they are still a bit flimsy compared to say a Lee
Oskar).  There is also a slot that ostensibly provides a tighter seal with
the comb, much like a golden melody, but creates a little lip that I find
bothersome when tongue blocking and at other times.  I chatted with a
Suzuki rep at the GSHF last weekend and he said some have swapped the
Manji cover plates with the pro cover plates which are a bit larger and
sit over the lip..but I am skeptical that that would make a good seal.  If
anyone on list has swapped cover plates, or micropored a manji with
success - let me know.  My other thought was to take my dremel tool and a
grinding wheel to the lip on the comb...maybe when one of the reeds starts
to go as I struggle with the thought of botching a new Manji by grinding
the lip down.

Regards,

Drew MacFadyen

Great harp--especially for off the shelf.

Bob

Sent from Bob's  iPhone

On Nov 9, 2011, at 10:25 AM, "davymax" <davymax@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi guys. Can anyone tell me about the Manji harp? I was thinking about
trying one, but would kind of like to get some feedback from the list.