Re: [Harp-L] Rectifier Tube

On 11/8/2011 3:26 PM, Bruno Castro wrote:
Hi Guys

I bought a boutique amp from a famous harp amp's brand and I realized after
a few days that the amp wouldnt work whenever I cranked the volume up,
seemed like it could be a problem with the rectifier tube. Bought two
rectifier tubes online but haven't been able to test them yet to assure
that this was the problem.

Has anyone ever had this problem? I've had my amp for less than 15 days and
already had to go through this! Any tips will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I had that same problem with my boutique amp, turned out that it was the speaker jack shorting out at high volumes.