Re: [Harp-L] Rectifier Tube

Bruno,

Tudo bem?

Can you tell me a little bit about the amp? How many gain stages does it have? What is the output/power section set up as? How many power tubes and the type. Also what kind of rectifier?

One of your gain stages maybe bad causing the amp to not achieve full power.

Where do you live? There is a great amp tech on Teodoro Sampaio in Sampa, I forget his name but Jair da Vintage can get you in contact with him.

What I would do is put a whole new set of tubes that test good in the amp and see if the problem goes away.

Change every tube. Make sure every tube lights up, heaters and power.

Also there is a guy that use to carry a lot of tubes in Sta. Efigenia named Toninho on Rua Aurora or Vitoria. He might have some good NOS tubes. He might be able to test your tubes as well.

Tomar cuidado ampli valvulados tem voltagem bem alta!!!

Abracos,
Matt