[Harp-L] RE: Favorite Mic

I have a bunch of mics   I've acquired over the years, but truly most of them sit in a box or a drawer or some dark corner someplace  in the house (not the garage, due to what happens to crystal elements out here in the AZ heat).  I actually only use two regularly, one is a vintage brown Shure bullet with an old astatic cartridge I got from my friend Bill Tarsha , and a 545 I got years ago from Johnny Mastro (the Mama's Boys) off ebay a long time back. Both have volume controls, although I usually have them open all the way most of the time or dialed all the way down when I'm not playing.  I have found it prudent to take both out when I'm playing  usually I start out with the bullet but switch to the 545 if it looks like I'm going to be getting louder (or playing chromatic, which seems to fit the 545 better to my ears).  Also, in the unlikely event of one giving me trouble (when that happens, it's either an internal connection or sometimes a problem with the plug), I can always switch to the other very quickly . I keep thinking I'll get one of those "ultimate" 545s since mine is the pistol grip one and is pretty bulky, but I've gotten so used to it that I just haven't bothered. Maybe some day.