[Harp-L] Healthy (but should be Relevant) blues songs

Forgive me for being serious on a thread that was meant for fun but this is
one of  my pet peeves.  There are a ton of culturally and historically
relevant white blues songs from the twenties and thirties.   But they were
sung by performers thought of as country and hillbilly.  Guys like Jimmie
Rodgers and even Gene Autry.  I have heard southern white men sing the white
blues.  Same themes, same feelings, often the same of very similar chord
structures.  Just a different gloss.

Bill Kumpe
Tulsa, OK