[Harp-L] Dream come true, gonna be on the Wheeling Jamboree radio show saturday

Every West Virginia musician has one thing on his kick-the-bucket list, playing
the Wheeling Jamboree. It's a badge of honor one step below the Grand Ol' Opry,
at least for us. It's the second oldest radio show in the world, it's been
around since 1926 on WWVA AM 1170.

Imagine my surprise when I got the call tonight!!!! I'm gonna be playing THE
Jamboree Saturday!!!

I'm going to be playing on the same radio show that Merle Haggard, Conway
Twitty, Buck Owens, Johnny Cash, etc. played on! I'm humbled, nervous, a million
emotions rolled into one.

Here's the show schedule. We are the Lonesome Midnight Cowboys. We are a trio,
bass mandolin and guitar. I play the guitar and I'll be singing a few and
blowing harp on a few. I'll be playing an A B-radical on "I'm So Lonesome I can
Cry," a circa 1915 prewar Seydel Bandmaster G Paddy tuned on "Bluestone
Mountain" and an Elk River Special C on "Amazing Grace." I'll be singing an old
W.Va. blues song Frank Hutchison recorded in 1928, "Miner's Blues" and a 1944
Ernest Tubb tune "Driving Nails in my Coffin."

Here's the schedule:
www.wheelingjamboree.org/shows.php

Here is a video I took at practice tonight of "Miner's Blues"

youtu.be/GAI_8sAMF3k

David Payne
www.elkriverharmonicas.com