[Harp-L] Re: Positions and Tunings from the beginning

And now that I'm suitably chagrined and humbled, (Sorry again JP!)  let me
offer an answer to the ORIGINAL poster, the Duke of Wail.

In my humble opinion,  diatonic altered tunings shouldn't be studied until
the student is at a level where he is discovering the limitations of Richter
or he has begun to recognize his own limitations butting up against the
Richter layout.   When he starts to say "There must be an easier way to play
this",  that's a good time to begin investigating altered tunings.