Re: [Harp-L] Are there pro harp players who do not know theory?

Mr. Hale wrote:
There's more correlation of work to results, than gift to talent. Many who
appear "great" today have worked seriously hard to accomplish it.

Read that again, because that's what we should all be doing. Gifted people still have to work at it to become great.
Work equals results. Ability to work is more important than musical ability in the long run, in my opinion. Talent plus work equals greatness and the great ones do the work. Look at Mr. Bonofiglio and Mr. Papparozzi, two members of this list.
I have little talent, but I have a lot of stubborn. I will never be great, probably not good.. but adequate enough to play with a band now and then and have some fun.
My nickel's worth.
Steve Webb in Minnesota...