Re: [Harp-L] Cadillac Records - Little Walter

 Henry Gray was dating Little Walter's sister when he met him and he also played in his band for a while.  Henry told me that Little Walter was too busy hustling gigs to have done all he was accused of doing.  Maybe legends get blown out of proportion from lack of facts sometimes?
Boogie

-----Original Message-----
From: michael rubin <michaelrubinharmonica@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Bill Kumpe <bkumpe@xxxxxxx>
Cc: cljdm <cljdm@xxxxxxx>; harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, May 10, 2011 10:30 am
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Cadillac Records - Little Walter

I agree that Walter and others had reputations of doing morally
questionable things.  If they had shown him getting in fights, doing
drugs and alcohol and being a womanizer I would have enjoyed the movie
just fine.  As it is, I will always add a warning to my recommendation
to watch the movie.
Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com